Pretty as Paper is dedicated to all the crafty items which bring joy to me and a smile on the faces of people who experience it!

Let the festivities begin!

So its that time of the year when we have Secret Santa in office and we have to surprise our child with a gift.
My better half picked a chit for the game in his and found that it was a lady whom he had to surprise and what better way to please a girl than gifting her a Jewelry Box!

Well to start with, my better half is in the true sense better at almost everything than I am. The artisan than he is makes most of my craft work a lot more easier. After seeing his skills at helping me with the craft I even joked that he would be better off building bridges and buildings than software. 3 cheers to the awesome sweetheart that he is :)

Over to the project - Its a mini Jewelery Box (totally inspired by Tara's Craft Studio) which folds into a Almirah and has 4 drawers attached to it. It also has a pseudo "mirror" for the lady to adorn herself while dressing up!




I covered the back support of the Jewelery box with beautiful embossed Pink and White papers. The Almirah closes over with a intricately cut piece of heavy card stock. Then there are the ribbons of course which hold the box uptight. The Almirah itselh has a cover which is adorned lavishly with pearls and laces.




It open up to the view of 4 drawers which are very sturdy and can be actually used to store jewelery. The are also piped with intricate lace and ping pearls which seem to the user as knobs. I have kept the inside of the box plain as the pattern paper itself is too pretty to disrupt. I added a pseudo mirror just to give it some show :)



And since it was Christmas, the recipient got it filled with sweets in a hand decorated bag!


Hope you all liked it!

Entering it into : Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Make it festive
Entering it into : Lulupu Challenge number 22 - Cook it up - recipe used : Pattern Paper , Die Cuts and Embellishments!

2 comments:

  1. I envy the lucky lady...just stumbled upon your blog and love it! I'm a very, very, newbie crafter myself. Do drop in at afrugalcrafter.blogspot.in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Somdeepa. Appreciate your comments. Will surely drop by your blog. :)

      Delete